Comment on page
So many things a model could do
We’ve seen different cognitive actions that a model can take to answer a question, including:
- 1.Just answer the question directly.
- 2.Run a debate if it’s a pro/con question.
- 3.Search a long text for relevant information.
- 4.Decompose the question into subquestions.
- 5.Run a web search using Google.
- 6.Run a computation in Python.
- 7.Write out reasoning steps.
In this chapter, we’ll use a model to choose which of these to run. We’ll look at two cases: